Personal Protective Equipment
You can't eliminate all physical hazards through engineering or administrative controls. Personal protective equipment provides a last line of defense. However, data shows that most workers who suffer eye, head, and foot injuries aren't wearing PPE. These injuries can be lessened or avoided altogether with proper PPE.
OSHA requires that all employers assess their workplace for hazards and certify this assessment. The National Safety Council's Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Compliance Training Seminar will help you meet these requirements. In just four hours, we'll walk you through the key elements of the OSHA PPE regulation (29CFR 1910.132-140, Subpart I), and show you how to protect your employees and your business.
The seminar covers:
- The relationship between PPE, administrative controls, and engineering controls
- How to conduct a PPE Hazard Assessment and Certification Statement
- Various types of PPE and how to use them
- OSHA's responses to questions about implementation, including: who is required to pay for PPE, and who is responsible if an employee brings in his own PE
- Simple, practical methods that ensure compliance with the OSHA standard and protect your employees
You'll leave the seminar with increased confidence, and the know-how to:
- Do a PPE Hazard Assessment of the workplace as required by OSHA
- Identify critical items that must be in your PPE Hazard Assessment Certification Statement
- Avoid common PPE compliance mistakes that can result in costly OSHA fines
- Reduce the number and severity of injuries throughout your facility
- Save on workers' comp and related costs
$110 Member $145 Non-Member 4 MESH Hours
Classes are held 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
January 11 in Charlotte
May 10 in Raleigh
August 16 in Charlotte
November 29 in Raleigh
SECURE CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS - PAYPAL:
CANCELLATION POLICY: We hope you do not have to cancel, but if you need to do so, cancellation notices received in writing seven (7) or more days prior to the first day of class will be refunded in full, less a $50 administrative fee. Cancellations received less than seven (7) days before the first day of class will be refunded 75% of the course fee in the form of a SHCNC Voucher for future training. Unused Vouchers expire one year after date of issue. Substitutions are welcomed. No shows and cancellations received after the start of class will not be eligible for a refund. This policy will be enforced so please plan ahead if you need to cancel.