Defensive Driving Course
Alive at 25 - 4 Hour
Instructor Development Course
DDC instructor certification is required to teach National Safety Council's Alive at 25 third edition. Training materials must be purchased and audio visual materials must be leased to maintain Training Agency status. There is a $55.00 annual renewal fee. Each course provides the technical information needed to teach a specific DDC curriculum, along with ways to facilitate and present the information. Instructors will learn how to determine audience needs, improve participation, handle objections, and incorporate activities.
Alive at 25 is a 4 hour interactive course for young adults and newly licensed drivers. It focuses on the unique challenges young drivers face and shows them how to take greater responsibility for their driving behavior. This course includes classroom participation, role-playing, and group interaction exercises.
- Understanding why young drivers take high risks and the consequences of making poor judgements
- Inexperience, peer pressure, and dangerous distractions
- Recognizing positive behaviors and identifying actions that can help make wise driving choices
- Adopting safe driving practices and the responsibility of passengers
Course materials - Instructor Certification Package*:
- Instructor Manual (Spanish available on CD only)
- Student Guide with easy-to-follow layout, session objectives, and activities
- Universal Certification Card and Certificate of Completion
- Teaching Alive At 25 Candidate Instructor Guide
- Instructor Certification - the fee is included in your first year with certification, then billed annually after that
- Multimedia presentation with instructional content
- Videos featuring driver statistics, recognizing hazards, handling peer pressure, and more
- Instructor PowerPoint presentation reinforcing key concepts and learning objectives
$325 Member $450 Non-Member 14 MESH Hours
New Edition Coming!
CANCELLATION POLICY: We hope you do not have to cancel, but if you need to do so, cancellation notices received in writing seven (7) or more days prior to the first day of class will be refunded in full, less a $50 administrative fee. Cancellations received less than seven (7) days before the first day of class will be refunded 75% of the course fee in the form of a SHCNC Voucher for future training. Unused Vouchers expire one year after date of issue. Substitutions are welcomed. No shows and cancellations received after the start of class will not be eligible for a refund. This policy will be enforced so please plan ahead if you need to cancel.