Defensive Driving Course
DDC- 4 Hour - 6th Edition
Instructor Development Course
DDC instructor certification is required to teach National Safety Council's 4 hour 6th edition course. Training materials must be purchased and audio visual materials must be leased to maintain Training Agency status. There is a $55.00 annual renewal fee. Each course provides the technical information needed to teach a specific DDC curriculum, along with ways to facilitate and present the information. Instructors will learn how to determine audience needs, improve participation, handle objections, and incorporate activities.
This National Safety Council 4-hour instructor-led classroom course features an interactive on-screen guide during select segments, group discussions to encourage participant involvement and more. It also offers greater flexibility so organizations can teach the course in multiple session blocks if desired. The course motivates participants to change their behind-the-wheel behaviors and attitudes, and provides the knowledge and skills they need to avoid collisions and traffic violations.
- Blended learning methods to encourage greater student participation and group interaction
- Multimedia presentation with hazard condition re-enactments and real-life driving scenarios
- Multiple testing strategies, written activities, knowledge checks, and a final exam
- Six 10-minute supplemental modules you can opt to teach based on safety issues or incident trends
Instructor Certification Package
- Instructor Manual
- Student Course Guide with easy-to-follow layout, session objectives, and activities
- Universal Certification Card and Certificate of Completion
- Teaching DDC 4 Candidate Instructor Guide
- Instructor Certification - the fee is included in your first year with certification, then billed annually after that
- Multimedia presentation with instructional content
- Five defensive driving videos addressing distracted driving, impaired driving, speeding, and more
- Eight hazard scenarios for participant analysis, awareness raising, and skills development
$385 Member $525 Non-Member 14 MESH Hours
April 5-6 in Raleigh
October 11-12 in Charlotte
SECURE CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS - PAYPAL:
CANCELLATION POLICY: We hope you do not have to cancel, but if you need to do so, cancellation notices received in writing seven (7) or more days prior to the first day of class will be refunded in full, less a $50 administrative fee. Cancellations received less than seven (7) days before the first day of class will be refunded 75% of the course fee in the form of a SHCNC Voucher for future training. Unused Vouchers expire one year after date of issue. Substitutions are welcomed. No shows and cancellations received after the start of class will not be eligible for a refund. This policy will be enforced so please plan ahead if you need to cancel.