Coaching the Emergency Vehicle Operator: (CEVO 4) Ambulance
6-hour instructor-led classroom course trains ambulance drivers how to drive safety in both emergency and non-emergency situations and provides defensive driving techniques for maneuvering through traffic. CEU may be available for these courses. Contract your State Division of Health/EMS for more information.
Designed on the highly successful “Coaching” method of training, the 4th edition of CEVO Ambulance Instructor-led Classroom Course features:
- Leader’s Guide, Driver Response Book and 50- question, computer-scored final test
- Seven videos plus two additional presentations on braking system
- Discussion scenarios for both emergency and non-emergency driving situations including applying the principles of “SCC” (scanning, cushion of safety, communicating)
- “ Active Shooter” and “Move Over Law” review
- New post-course “Refresher” discussion exercises
CEVO 4 Ambulance Instructor Kit includes:
- Fully scripted Instructor Guide with group learning exercises, discussion diagrams with enhanced content for the instructor
- DVD presentation featuring videos with operator point-of-view perspective
CEVO 4 Ambulance Driver Trainee Kit (sold separately):
- Driver Response Book - 16 page, full color booklet with self-appraisal, discussion questions and traffic analyses diagrams
- Course completion certificate and recognition patch - upon achieving 80% or better on the Final Test scored by Coaching Systems LLC
CEVO 3- Fire
Instructor Development Course
This program features the newest information on safe driving procedures. Drivers analyze essential prevention skills. Instructors expand on provided traffic examples, applying them to real-life situations.
- Intersections, as well as passing and changing lanes
- Reaction and cushion of safety
- Traffic hazard identification
- Handling blind spots and backing up safety
- Operating on different road surfaces and in adverse weather
CEVO-3 Instructor Kit Materials Include:
Fully-scripted Instructor Guide
DVD with apparatus inspections and real-life driver scenarios
Group discussion diagrams to reinforce key coaching points
Reproducible observation checklist
CEVO-3 Trainee Kit Materials Include:
Driver Response Books containing self appraisal, discussion questions, situation scenarios, and Coaching Reminder Points
Computer-scored final exam*
Driver Recognition Patch*
* Final exams are scored at Coaching Systems. Participants
scoring 80% or better receive a recognition patch and course
completion certificate from the National Safety Council.
$395 First Attendee (Instructor Kit Included)
$150 each additional attendee from the same company (Trainee Kit Only)
Please pre-register for class!
Questions? Call Matt Thompson at (919) 719-9818
February 4, 2017 in Raleigh
9am-4pm - Click here to register!
PayPal for Secure Credit Card Payments:
CANCELLATION POLICY: We hope you do not have to cancel, but if you need to do so, cancellation notices received in writing seven (7) or more days prior to the first day of class will be refunded in full, less a $50 administrative fee. Cancellations received less than seven (7) days before the first day of class will be refunded 75% of the course fee in the form of a SHCNC Voucher for future training. Unused Vouchers expire one year after date of issue. Substitutions are welcomed. No shows and cancellations received after the start of class will not be eligible for a refund. This policy will be enforced so please plan ahead if you need to cancel.