Safety and Health Issues - Practical Applications
The advanced MESH Certificate provides advanced topics for the environmental and safety professional. These two, 4-day courses are designed to provide hands-on approaches and applications to prevent and control hazards and environmental impacts in the workplace. Individuals who have completed their MESH Certificate can now continue their professional development by pursuing the Advanced MESH Certificate. Attend this advanced safety and health issues course offered by Safety and Health Council of North Carolina, North Carolina Department of Labor, and North Carolina State Industry Expansion Solutions to be eligible for this advanced certificate.
Who Should Attend
MESH Graduates. EHS professionals that are not MESH graduates may attend this class and will receive a certificate of attendance; however, they are not eligible for the Advanced MESH Certificate.
Knowledgeable instructors from Safety and Health Council of North Carolina, North Carolina Department of Labor, and North Carolina State Industry Expansion Solutions. Other invited speakers will teach the sessions in the two courses.
Leading a positive Safety Culture in the workplace
- What is the current culture at your facility
- Does management understand the importance of a positive safety culture?
- Are your supervisors being proper role models and leaders?
Warehouse, Loading Dock, and Material Handling
- Recognizing all associate duties and associated hazards in a warehouse environment
- Developing and implementing control strategies for warehouse and material handling
- OSHA's Temporary Worker Initiative
Safety Metrics for the workplace
- Review information and OSHA requirements regarding temporary workers
- Gathering, use, and interpretation of safety metrics for internal and external benchmarking
Workplace Violence for Managers
- Recognizing threats
- Developing a plan
- Conducting training
- Enforcing your rules
How to quantify risks
NIOSH Lifting Equation
- Determine methods to quantify risks of exposure
- Apply the NIOSH Lifting Equation in example scenario
- Apply the Strain Index in example scenario
- Identify measures to address the aging workforce
- Industrial Hygiene:
OSHA Inspection Process
Health Hazards SEP
Sampling and analysis
- Implement practical industrial hygiene monitoring activities
- Conduct sound level monitoring and noise dosimetry
- Conduct dust monitoring and background vapor monitoring
- Determining and controlling Industrial Hygiene Hazards in the workplace
- OSHA Update - Top 10 Violations
- Planning emergency recovery
- Setting up action teams
- Determining potential needs for cleanup and recovery
- Activating and managing emergency cleanup and recovery
$795 Member or $995 Non-Member
October 16-19 in Charlotte
SECURE CREDIT CARD PAYMENT - PAYPAL:
CANCELLATION POLICY: We hope you do not have to cancel, but if you need to do so, cancellation notices received in writing seven (7) or more days prior to the first day of class will be refunded in full, less a $50 administrative fee. Cancellations received less than seven (7) days before the first day of class will be refunded 75% of the course fee in the form of a SHCNC Voucher for future training. Unused Vouchers expire one year after date of issue. Substitutions are welcomed. No shows and cancellations received after the start of class will not be eligible for a refund. This policy will be enforced so please plan ahead if you need to cancel.